Saturday, January 8, 2011

Holiday Fun

I know it will come as no surprise that our lives are hectic here but we love it that way (don't we Brian?!). Needless to say the blog has gone has taken a backseat mostly becuase i'm too tired at night to post and during the day I have no extra free time to sit down let alone to write. Amongst the craziness I mananged to misplace, not lose just misplace, the camera battery which means that I have not been able to take any pictures (of course because the battery is dead). This itself has almost pushed me into a depression since I'm not able to document like I want to, haha! At any rate here are a few pictures from the last three weeks. I have zero pictures from our Christmas in Hawaii but we had a marvelous time on the beach, whale watching, going to the aquarium and just relaxing...I think it's time to go back!!!

The Rose Bowl
We headed to Pasadena to watch TCU play in the Rose Bowl. Brian and me, my parents and the Bonjours all had a wonderful time cheering on TCU as they dominated Wisconsin (ok maybe dominated isn't the right word but it doesn't sound as exciting if I just write that TCU won by the skin of their teeth)! Below is an ariel view of the stadium, it was 75% very loud Wisconsin fans and 25% TCU fans but it made it that much better when TCU beat the Badgers!


A monumental event


The tailgate...and you thought Santa already came. The great thing about TCU games is that we like to support the team or tailgate but what does it matter anyway, we're there. Brian and I had about 60 of our friends attend the game. We rented a bus and the die hards (see picture below) got to the stadium 4 hours early. PS - you'll have to research "Little Sisters of the Poor" if you're that curious.


What do you think of when you think of The Rose bowl? That's right, the parade. While the die hards hit the stadium some of us hit the parade. The parade was amazing and you find yourself asking the question over and over again, how in the world do they build these floats, it's incredible. Here is a picture of what would have been one of Kendal's favorite floats - the princess castle that has a horse that moves in and out (her other favorite...ariel on a horse)! Ah it was like a knife through the heart every time I saw a float go by, I knew the kids would have loved to have seen them but they had fun time with Aunt Nikki and Uncle Ryan.


Every year the Phoenix Zoo displays lights throughout the zoo and this year over 3 million were set up. To slowly ease back into real life from our holiday travels we took the kids and Aunt Nikki and Uncle Ryan to see the lights. Of course we had to hit the merry-go-round so here you go. We hope you all had as wonderful Christmas break as we did!




No comments: