Sunday, May 23, 2010

Weekend

I wish I could say our weekend was a little more eventful. Of course we did the usual events, doughnut runs, ride our bike to the park, merry-go-round and the train ride but unfortunately Brian picked up strep throat. Needless to say the kids and I did our own thing all day in hopes daddy can recover, NOW!

I volunteered to make cookies for Kendal's class for tomorrow and after swearing to never make sugar cookies again (decision based on her 3rd birthday party cookies, I can't tell you how many batches of cowboy boots and hats I missed up - poor Karen she just sat there patiently trying to help me figure out a solution). We made a few alphabet cookies and once again they didn't turn out like the pictures. After Kendal was done I quickly sliced the round slice and bake cookie dough and added sprinkles - just as good, right? Nobody better be disappointed that they didn't get their first letter of their name for a cookie. This just goes along with my theme lately, nothing ever goes as planned!



No comments: