Saturday, March 3, 2012

Pretty much sums it up...

At least two years ago my mom and I decided we needed a girls trip. After finalizing a date that works for everyone we get our reservations and we were set to go, San Francisco here we come (Brian and my dad are ready to watch the kids). The countdown begins...

Tuesday... I get an email for Kendal, Beckett and Camden from my dad. They are supposed to check the boxes of things that they want to do on this "boys weekend".

Wednesday.... I finally tell the kids they will be spending time with Daddy and Grandpa. I tell the kids to check the boxes they want to do over the weekend.

Here is the checklist...
Beckett's responses are in blue, Kendal's in pink



They want to do everything on the list but with only 3 days I had to limit them to one pick per person per page...



After checking off her boxes immediately she thinks that grandpa needs a checklist himself so she creates one for him (I love her ever thinking mind) ...


Thursday... this is what I wake up to. Poor Brian has Shingles!


Friday... After being checked into our flight, I know I cannot leave Brian. I drop the kids off in Tucson for Grandparent weekend while I play nurse to my poor hubby. After a week and a half of hell he is finally on the mend. Thank goodness, I hate seeing him so miserable. And yes, we rebooked our flight to San Francisco - let's hope it works this time.

1 comment:

Binford Family said...

OMG! First of all I am laughing at the precious pictures that your dad sent the kids and loved looking at what they picked.... then I am giggling at Kendal's homemade list for her grandpa.... THEN I get to Brian's picture and was blindsided- was not expecting that at all! You are so funny, I love reading your posts of everyone. And HOW IN THE WORLD did you get you little one to fall asleep right in the middle of the floor like that?!!