Monday, March 21, 2011

Disneyland

Yep, we did it and survived. Two weekends ago we loaded the grandparents and kids and headed to the happiest place on earth. I really wanted to see the kids enjoy Disneyland at these stages in life, so young and vulnerable, and what fun it was to see. While I remember Disneyland being much bigger and newer (they need to redo a lot of the exhibits), the kids LOVED it and we all had a wonderful time. Grammie set up breakfast with the princesses which was the ultimate with Kendal and Becks still talks about Mickey Mouse. I have to say I never thought of Disneyland being a dream vacation spot for me but these past few years with Kendal have been so fun to see. While her excitement for princesses has grown I just couldn't wait to take her because I know some day all of that will be gone and I will be just left with the memories of seeing her joy. Being a parent makes you see things so differently and I am so thankful for that!

Daddy bought embroidered hats for the kids, so sweet


Becks can hardly contain his excitement


Kendal at the princess breakfast. Of course she had to wear her Ariel dress (well she actually wore it two days in a row, on the drive over "so we won't waste any time getting there" and one day there). Even though it was cold Kendal took off her jacket when the princesses roamed the room for autographs and pictures so the "princesses can see my dress."


Not quite the same enthusiasm but he did have fun (despite his ear infections while he was there and the ER visit for medicine, but that's another story).



Grammie and Grandpa - our lifesavers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Kendal waiting for Tinkerbell


Mommy did a horrible job packing for this trip, I was not prepared for the cool weather!


What we did a lot of.....waiting in line


Back to the princess breakfast (sorry a little out of order). Ariel, Kendal's favorite!!!!

Belle


Snow White


Aurora


Cinderella


Our little Buzz Lightyear



Hilarious on many levels


Super cool - Lightning McQueen


3 comments:

Lanny and Carolyn said...

Um, WOW! You guys are very brave parents! Looks like a great time was had by all (especially Kendal). Miss you guys!

Life with Claire said...

so fun!!!!!!!!!!! omg. the kids are just so cute. i swear becks could have fun playing with a paper sack. he's hilarious! kendal holding all the princesses hands...awe.

The Baade Family said...

Love it!!! I figure I better get educated on the princesses!